Some fun facts about parking tickets in San Francisco, pulled from parking ticket data 1/1/2009 to 12/31/2009.
- 1,706,510 tickets issued to 708,162 different license plates.
- Grand total: $103,639,392.
- 407,295 cars received only 1 ticket.
- Most expensive ticket: $650 for parking in a disabled spot.
- Most ticketed car: 398 tickets totalling $26,363.
- Most ticketed make: Toyota.
- Most ticketed day: Tuesday.
- Most tickted date: January 2 (8299 tickets). [Jan 2nd fell on a Friday in 2009]
- Least ticketed date: December 25 (111 tickets).
- Most ticketed hour: Noon hour (by almost 70%!).
- % issued by SFPD: 3.2%.
- Most-issued ticket: T37C (Street cleaning) for $27,784,243 in fines.
Worst offenders (anyone see a pattern here?!):
- White Truck, 398 tickets
- Brown Truck, 368 tickets
- White Van, 320 tickets
- Brown Truck, 293 tickets
- White Truck 292 tickets
Worst offenders that don’t seem to be delivery trucks:
- Silver Lexus SUV, 248 tickets
- Silver Honda SUV, 206 tickets
- Black Lexus Sedan, 104 tickets
- Gray Lexus Sedan, 103 tickets
- White Ford Station Wagon, 92 tickets
Most productive officers:
- Badge 217: 18,187 tickets
- Badge 357: 17,449 tickets
- Badge 8: 16,812 tickets
- Badge 109: 16,527 tickets
- Badge 268: 16,454 tickets
More stats on the way in a future post. Taking requests: what do you want to know?